*Please upload all required documents in PDF format. You should upload only 1 PDF file under each required item. If there are many files for each item, please merge files into one for uploading.
1. Online application form
Applicants must complete the application form through NIU International Students Admissions Application System :isa.niu.edu.tw.
2. Verification of highest diploma
(1) First year Bachelor, Master, PhD International Students：
NIU accepts diploma written in English or Chinese. If your diploma were written in other languages, it should be accompanied by an English or Chinese translation. Applicants who are in the process of completing studies should submit a letter from the school/university clearly stating the anticipated graduation date and degree.
Diploma should be authenticated by Taiwan Overseas Mission. Admitted students who could not get verification before application should submit the original notarized diploma while checking in for registration at NIU.
(2) Transferred Students：
To apply as transferred international students, please submit official Study Proof from current university; for universities outside Taiwan, the Study Proof should be authenticated by Taiwan Overseas Mission. Admitted students who could not get verification before application should submit the original notarized Study Proof while checking in for registration at NIU.
3. Verification of official transcripts
(1) Transcripts should include grades of every semester. If it is in your native language, it should be accompanied by an English or Chinese translation. In addition, the grading system must also be included.
- Applicants for Bachelor programs: Require transcripts of the high school degree. Applicants for Master programs: Require transcripts of the bachelor degree.
Applicants for Doctor Programs: Require transcripts of the master degree.
- Transferred Students for Bachelor programs: Require transcripts of the bachelor degree.
(2) Transcripts must be authenticated by Taiwan Overseas Mission if issued by universities outside Taiwan. Admitted students who could not get verification before application must submit the original notarized transcript while checking in for registration at NIU.
4.Copy of passport
Provide a copy of your passport as the verification of nationality.
5.Certificate for Chinese or English Proficiency
Please provide Certificate for Chinese or English Proficiency based on “Appendix. Program-Specific Requirements”.
6.A Study plan in Chinese or in English
Please write a brief essay of no more than 3 pages. In this study plan, applicants are encouraged to give their motivation for choosing NIU and department. For graduate students, potential contribution and research interests may also be included.
7. Financial certificate
All applicants are required to provide financial proof that shows financial sustainability (minimum TWD 120,000) for studying in Taiwan, or proof of the scholarship (ex: Taiwan Scholarship). If you have a sponsor to satisfy this financial obligation, your sponsor must provide a letter declaring the relationship with you and their intent to provide financial support during your period of study.
8. Two recommendation letters
Each applicant should submit 2 recommendation letters. NIU uses online recommendation letter process and referees could fill up recommendation letters on our system. Preferably referees are faculty members who can evaluate your academic qualifications and research potential. Details you may refer to【IV-2. Step 5：Choose Referees】.
Print out the declaration form, sign at the bottom of the form after reading it, and then upload.
10. Other documents required by each department
11. Other documents to support your application